[AMRadio] Looking for Documentation on Gross Transmitter

Don Merz don at thedjbrothers.com
Mon Aug 28 17:23:37 EDT 2006

It's very unlikely that the Gross CP-100 ever used a
TZ20. The Taylor TZ-series tubes were designed for
grounded grid operation and usually used in pairs or
quads.

Also, Gross seems to have labeled it's transmitters
with a model number that was intended to indicate the
watts input of the rig. and a CP-100 with a TZ-20
final does not fit their formula. The 838 is a 100
watt tube and it does fit the formula--though Gross
seems to have preferred non-RCA tubes as finals. Maybe
Taylor made an 838 or an equivalent?

73, Don M.

--- "Freeberg, Scott (STP)"