[AMRadio] AMRadio Net.... was AM contacts

Geoff Edmonson ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 08:17:14 EST 2006

On 11/30/06, Jack Schmidling <jack at schmidling.com> wrote:
> Jim Miller WB5OXQ wrote:
> > WB5OXQ will try to be there too.
>
> Called CQ for 10 mins and heard nothing.
>
> Were you or anyone else there?

Ronnie/W5SUM and I were on 3.885 this morning, and I never heard nary
another carrier.
Was beginning to think my receiver was broke, though... there was -no-
static.  Ronnie'd flop on.. he'd be 20~30db/S9... he'd kick the
carrier off, and the 'S-ometer' would fall back to nearly 0.

GREAT Band, this morning.  Where was everyone?

Around 4am, EST, there's usually W4QCU, WY3D, N8ULN and sometimes
others around 3.885... that's daily.

Looking forward to 14 December at 11:01:01CSTpm.. I plan on being on
3.650Mc, generating a big ol' AM Carrier.  Anyone else wanna join in?

--
Operating your AM rig without a scope
is like driving our car at night without headlights.(~K4KYV)

73 = Best Regards
-Geoff/W5OMR