[AMRadio] Major winter storm

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 09:27:53 EST 2006

On 11/30/06, Mike Sawyer <w3slk at uplink.net> wrote:
> One thing you can count on. When it is warm like this out of season, you
> wind up paying for it with drastic weather conditions. I hope everyone's
> aerial stays up.

We haven't gotten the worst of the wind yet, so I'm hoping for the
same. One leg of my 75m dipole is getting that frayed, afro-look where
it's been rubbing on a branch. Might end up erecting the 160m system
sooner instead of later.

It was 65 and breezy when I was throwing in the last of the firewood
last night around 7:45. Had windows and doors open, even forgot and
left one window open overnight. Fortunately for me, the temps didn't
start dropping until sometime in the early morning. 45 when I woke up,
37 when I got to work. Here it comes.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ