[AMRadio] EBAY...was....Farnell Automatic Modulation Meter for Sale

Jack Schmidling jack at schmidling.com
Fri Dec 1 11:04:54 EST 2006

Jim Wilhite wrote:
> Thanks for mentioning this Todd.  I thought the same thing. I don't buy
> anything on ebay, period.

Bravo!  I wonder why others dislike Ebay.

My reason is because of the hoax perpertrated that it is an auction.

Has anyone ever been to a real auction where the sellers bottom line is
a secret known only to him?

It's a gross waste of time and energy to bid against a secret price.

It makes the whole process nonsense and I refuse to participate and
thereby promote it.

There is also the nonsense of last second bidding which might as will be
in the original sale.  List for a week and then open the auction a min
before it closes.  This of course, creates great problems for those of
us on dialup.

Yuch... tell me the price and be done with it.

My favorite way of buying is on lists like this.  Not only common
interests but we actually get to know each other and don't have to rely
on silly report cards and feedback.

js