[AMRadio] Fire in the Wire

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 14:32:47 EST 2006

On 12/1/06, crawfish <crawfish at surfmore.net> wrote:
> Going to do the same next weekend. N4UAE is buying K4XK's Gates and bringing
> it to AL next Saturday. I will be helping to load it. The things we do for
> love for this AM stuff...

Yes indeed, Joe. And we actually enjoy doing it, that's the scary part!

Isn't that transmitter up 8-Land somewhere, maybe Ohio? I spoke with
Gary recently when he was on that rig. Sounded damned good, too. He
had an audio line running too close to something that would sing every
now and then, almost sounded like a bug zapper. Think he said it was
the mic line or something he had draped over the transmitter for
testing. Trying to remember if the H is the huge beast, or more along
the size of the BC1-T.

Hope the trip goes well, looking forward to hearing you on the air with it.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ