[AMRadio] Wanted S38

Anthony W. DePrato wa4jqs at mikrotec.com
Sat Dec 2 09:13:03 EST 2006

>This is strictly nostalgia and has to be an S38.
>
>Does anyone know anything about the pre-selector I keep hearing about for it?
>
>js  SNIP

Jack:
I will send you a few pics of my S 38's all are working and in very good
shape. as for a pre-selector . there were some outboard ones made by other
companies that some guys used. ten tec made some kits of bfo's and pre-amps
that i have used in some of the old radios my S 38's are the ones with the
BFO and you can copy ssb with it not ez but i did this back when ssb was
rare using my knight kit space spanner and my s 38. these radios have been
called junk by a lot of guys But i have always found them to be a very hot
receiver when used with a 100 ft long wire ant. the pics will come direct
to you jack in a later email.
73 Tony

QBE  ZUT  DE WA4JQS

ANTHONY W. (Tony) DePrato WA4JQS EXTRA - HEAVY
Since 1962
CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 35
A1-OP      FISTS  # 10573 SKCC #1227
South Sandwich Island Dxpedition Group