[AMRadio] Transmitter fitting

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Sat Dec 2 09:08:25 EST 2006

Vince,

Thanks for your suggestion of moving the transmitter into the shack
through a window.  However, the RCA BTA-1R2 is not in modules.  It is a
7' tall 32" wide (at the most narrow point), 1500 pound commercial
broadcast transmitter.  The modulation and power supply transformers and
chokes are sitting in the bottom of the cabinet and can easily be
removed.  However, you're still looking at several hundred pounds
cabinet and other components.  It might be possible to get it through a
window, however, the window would have to be taken completely out, so it
would likely require as much if not more work than to take the door
casing out.

Thanks,
Rick/K5IZ