[AMRadio] 160 meters

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Sat Dec 2 17:16:53 EST 2006

I was just tuning around and went through the lower part of
160 meters.  It is 4 PM and the bottom 25 Kc is full of
contesters.

I am hearing K5DG right now at 10 over 9 from La Fiera, TX
which is near Harlingen down in the Rio Grande valley.

What is amazing is there is no noise on the band and it
sounds like the BCB during the day.  I don't know what his
power level is or his antenna, but that is about 650 miles
from me.

I also heard some 4 stations but didn't bother to get their
calls so can't give distance.  Amazing band conditions since
it is about 1 1/2 hour until sunset.

Jim
W5JO