[AMRadio] RCA

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Sat Dec 2 20:43:37 EST 2006

I am finally in a position to get back to the heavy metal project, BTA-1R2.  In order to get it as light as possible, so I can handle it, I am thinking about taking all of the modules (I don't know what else to call them) out of the cabinet.  Has anyone had experience with this?  Is it worth the hassle?  I'll have to lean this thing over considerably to get it through the 6'8" high doorway even after taking the casing out, so I want it to be as light as possible.  I can take off the casters once inside, but it's still 7' tall.  I may park it on the enclosed front porch and run it remotely from the shack which is sharing a wall with the porch.  I would prefer to have it in the shack so I could admire those 4-400's, but that may
not be possible.

Thanks for any experience you'll share...

Rick/K5IZ