[AMRadio] PW Supply

John Coleman ARS WA5BXO wa5bxo2006 at pctechref.com
Sat Dec 2 22:09:26 EST 2006

Brett:
	I have done that as well but have found that bigger resistors tend
to be more accurate and don't change resistance with current as hand wound
shunts some time do.  You can use a 1ma movement at 1000ohms/V and get good
measurements.  But some times winding your own shunt is the best way.  As a
mater of fact, now that you mention it, I did that the last time I reworked
my modulator chassis.

	Did you visit Tony's nice web site and the fine article he wrote
about the Resonate choke input supplies?

http://www.qsl.net/i0jx/supply.html

	I was especially impressed with the graphs.

John, WA5BXO