[AMRadio] Heavy Metal Movers

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 3 15:53:38 EST 2006

John, KB6SCO, great to hear you are providing a good
home to a classic RCA. If that's the "shutter door"
version of the transmitter, I've helped rescue two of
those the past few years, one of them now at Mark,
K3MSB's, place, and the other at Jim, W8MAQ's place.
Others who haven't actually seen one of these can view
at:

http://wa3vjb.amham.com/pics/BTA-1M.jpg

And congratulations also headed out to N4UAE, via Joe
W4AAB.  Yes, I've talked with Gary now K4XK many times
on that Gates while he had it at Shinbone, Ohio.  It
came from a little station in Mt. Vernon, Ohio, WMVO,
a town where I used to date a girl many years ago.

A friend of hers was a newswoman there, and we got a
tour of the station while that very transmitter was
still in use. Small world when I heard Gary describing
where he got it.

http://wa3vjb.amham.com/pics/WMVO.jpg

Keep us posted with pix and progress guys ?

Paul/VJB