[AMRadio] Band Expansion

Geoff Edmonson ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 16:15:16 EST 2006

I've talked with a few people (of noteable mention, Don/K4KYV and
John/WA5BXO) and suggested that we gather on 3.650Mc, the evening of
14 December, 2006, at 23:01:01CST to commence with AM operations in
the newly expanded band.

Don said "that's another frequency, to add to 3.610 and 3.680/85Mc".
Hmmm.... sounds like there's gonna be some activity.

John's suggestion was that we all work CW for about a half hour or so,
until the time came, then in the same round-table, just flip over to
AM  ;-)

It's a momentous occasion, and I hope someone will be recording it for
prestige, and posterity.

I'd personally like to see one of these new-fangled IC-795750's (or
whatever they're called) with a 'band-scope' (pan adapter) to see the
whole 200kc spectrum, from 3.6Mc to 3.8Mc light up, at the 'magic
hour'.  Someone got one of those things and a Video camera that can
take about a 5 minute video of such a display?

--
Operating your AM rig without a scope
is like driving our car at night without headlights.(~K4KYV)

73 = Best Regards
-Geoff/W5OMR