[AMRadio] Catadioptric, was refractor

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 09:37:39 EST 2006

On 12/4/06, D. Chester <k4kyv at charter.net> wrote:
> >>> In 1988, where was the Algore, then?
> >

> That Al Gore story is an urban legend.
>
> http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

I've found the snopes site to be less-than-accurate on more than one
occasion, so I don't put a lot of faith in their explanations. There's
definitely a slant involved when you start comparing historical facts
to some of their descriptions. Not unlike the way the media "presents"
the news, IMHO.

Embellishment is the best description, since the 'net' already existed
but just wasn't available to the masses. For any one person to somehow
try to take credit regardless of how they say it is simply foolish.
Geoff is right, it's just an easy laugh and would be if someone from
another party said it.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ