[AMRadio] Catadioptric, was refractor

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Tue Dec 5 11:17:09 EST 2006

>I guess this is what happens when guys have too much time on their hands. .
>. . Maybe we should all fire up the rigs and start some activity on 6!

Or 40m.  7295 was open from when I first listened at 2300 GMT yesterday till
mid-evening.  No SWBC or ham QRM.  There was SWBC on 7290 and 7300, but the
splatter in between wasn't too bad. I worked stations in Manhatten, London
Ont, and southern Georgia near FL border.  The band must have been long,
because signals were somewhat marginal with deep QSB.  Signals played
peek-a-boo with the noise floor, but no QRM.  I wonder what propagation
might have been like from west coast.