[AMRadio] Air Check of KC9VF

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 11:18:52 EST 2006

On 12/5/06, A.R.S. -  W5AMI <ars.w5ami at gmail.com> wrote:

> Marv is 421 miles from me, and was running 10 to 20 over consistently.
>  His antenna is a series fed tower at 193 feet.

Marv is a beacon from the midwest, his rig booms into the northeast
regularly whether he's at the helm or Chuck, WA0ZZH. I actually mixed
the two of them up last week and thought Marv was Chuck.

He's been talking of upgrading the remote set up, sounds like he's
nearly there. It's nice to have someone with a vintage station like
that up on the 'net.

Interesting tidbit: Marv's T-368 came from a fellow in Ithaca NY who
bought it from Bruce, W1UJR. This was back when Bruce was KG2IC in
Buffalo. He was on the air one night recently when Marv was signing
off, and got to hear his old transmitter on the air from OK.

~ Todd  KA1KAQ