[AMRadio] RF Amp

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Wed Dec 6 09:55:57 EST 2006

Brett,

I agree and you're correct on all counts.  However, I have the iron just
sitting in the shed and the thought of those two 450TL's and two 250TH's
glowing through a glass window is more than my "being practical" can
overcome.  I have accumulated many high voltage/current capacitors for
both the power supply and the RF stage.  Granted, it is a tremendous
over kill, but it should be able to loaf along at legal limit.
Naturally, I wouldn't want to exceed the legal limit.  I'm sure I would
stand out like a sore thumb if I were to do that.  :-D

I also agree that all push pull triode amplifiers are basically the
same.  I was just hoping to hear from someone who had used that
particular configuration and see what their results were.

Thanks for the info...
Rick/K5IZ

Brett gazdzinski wrote:

I think the 405 TL's will require a LOT if filament power, that's for
sure! I also think they like very high voltages, over 3000, which will
make things tend to be huge...

If you get it built, we are going to monitor you closely, and if you go
over 1501 watts pep, you will be in big trouble....

Besides the power and voltage, all push pull triode setups are the same.
You can take any push pull rf deck and just scale it up....

Brett
N2DTS