[AMRadio] RF Amp

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 10:27:14 EST 2006

Rick Brashear wrote:
> Geoff,
> That is extremely interesting and I will read the info on both of the
> links you sent.  I think this is one of the main reasons I love
> building things, I learn so much.  This reflector is a plethora of
> information and I appreciate each and every bit of it.
> 73 my friend and thanks,
> Rick/K5IZ
>
> ARS W5OMR wrote:

If you wanna talk about it via some other means, I've got Skype, or we
could do a voice chat in Yahoo or MSN messenger...

I'd -rather- do it on the air, but I -never- hear you on.

Get that Butternut vertical outta there, or use it for an antenna
support on one end of an inverted vee, or a dipole.

Man, you gots lots of bucks to get these big rigs... go buy some 20'
2x4's and make an antenna center-point support device, and hang some
wire in the air! ;-)

I'm sure you've seen that support idea in the handbooks.  You could even
"scab" a couple of 2x4's together (on both sides), hold 'em together
with bolts, nuts and washers, and add on, as you're on the roof, and
going up with it.

It'd be a great idea to get some weather proof primer and enamel paint,
and double coat all the wood, before you go up in the air with it, so it
can last more than a couple of years.  A grayish-blue doesn't stand out
against the sky.  ;-)

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR