[AMRadio] Re: [Boatanchors] A moment, a day,

Grant Youngman nq5t at tx.rr.com
Thu Dec 7 10:50:07 EST 2006

> It is almost impossible to describe the feelings I had on the
> Memorial.

That's my take on it, too.  It's a very special place.

I was stationed at Submarine Base, Pearl Harbor (USS Queenfish, SSN-651)
while parts of "Tora! Tora! Tora!" were being filmed.  Don't recall the
exact dates, but sometime around 1970.  We watched Zero's fly over and
"bomb" barges in the harbor around Battleship Row rigged to look like ships.

Very spooky.  Raised more than a few hairs, I'll tell you :-)

Grant/NQ5T