[AMRadio] RF Amp

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Thu Dec 7 11:29:50 EST 2006

 > Man, Brett, I would love to have gotten in on that!  Transformers,
> chokes and BIG capacitors are my worst vice.

Yes, I wish I had bought more of the stuff.
I thought I had more then I could ever use, and its
all used up mostly.

20 years ago at fests, anything could be had very cheap,
from free DX100's, to a 30K1 for $200.00, a KWS1 for $400.00,
the 75A4 went for $100.00 with 3 filters, nc300 was $20.00,
I got 2 32V3's like new for $90.00, iron and tubes
were cheap, Bruce WA3JVJ refused to pay more then
$.25 (25 cents) for an 811.
The fair radio catalog was full of R390's, T368's,
iron, oil filled caps, etc.

The good old days I suppose...

I wonder if anything around now that is real cheap
will be so in demand in the future?
Something like an FT101?
TS 520-530, 820 and 830?

Old 486 computers running windows 3.1?