[AMRadio] MFJ

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Thu Dec 7 15:43:19 EST 2006

Before you explode over the "Subject", please, read on...  I am in an
antenna dilemma at this time.  I have to wait a few months before I can
install the HyTower and folded dipole I have.  In the mean time I am
stuck with an expensive Butternut 160/80/40 "Dummy Load" as my buddy
calls it.  So, I am looking into the new MFJ 80 meter rotatable dipole
to put on the Hazer and run up the tower.  Has anyone had any experience
with it or know of anyone who has?  I know Bob, PE, had or has a
rotatable dipole up he really likes.  I would welcome any constructive
comments you might have.  It is supposedly rated at 1500 watts PEP on
SSB/CW, however, there are no specs stated for AM operation, of course.
Do you think the 375 watt carrier would fry it or do you think it would
hold up?

Thanks,
Rick/K5IZ