[AMRadio] MFJ

Larry Taft ltaft at charter.net
Thu Dec 7 17:39:04 EST 2006

How about hanging an inverted V dipole from the Hazer for now.  Mine is
35 feet in the air and has 3 sets of wire, 80, 40, and 20 which I
adjusted for a reasonable SWR on each band by adjusting 80 first, 40 and
then 20.  The RG-8 coax feed has a 8 turn coil on a gallon plastic jug
at the center of the dipoles.  The SWR will never be 1:1 so a tuner is
still needed.  I have run run FULL power to the Drake MN2000 tuner and
antenna with out any problems.

The MFJ rotapole sounds like it would be a bit stressed on 40 and 80
with max AM power.
Also it would have to be 120 feet in the air to see any real benefit of
rotation on 80.

73, Larry  K2LT