[AMRadio] MFJ

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Thu Dec 7 17:58:57 EST 2006

Yes, I got the 1.8 to 30 MHz thing from B+W.
I did run it through a tuner, although with tube
stuff they tell you that you don't need to.
It was 40 feet up, and the lowest SWR was 3:1.
At 175 watts of carrier, smoke was pouring out of it.

I threw it out, as it tends to be a tangled up
mess in short time if not up in the air.

I say, any wire dipole you can manage is best,
low, bent, U shaped, sloping, V or flat, just
something long enough to radiate a signal.
I used to run a dipole on 80 with coils to resonate it.
I had about 100 feet and made up 10 feet each end
with some B+W coil stock over an insulator.
It worked well till it got old and wore out.

Brett
N2DTS