[AMRadio] MFJ

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 21:26:35 EST 2006

Rick Brashear wrote:
> Yep... that's about what I have.  I'm in the middle of the block, but
> I own two lots side by side, so I have a little more room, but not
> much.  My biggest problem with I 30 is the constant barrage of 10,000
> watt CB'ers!
>
> The loop sounds very interesting.  I have a couple of more stalks of
> tower I'm going to add and I should be up about 55', so that may work
> out real good.
>
> Where do you feed the loop, at the bottom or top?

Seeing as how this antenna started life as an inverted vee, I left the
feed point where it was.  I had attached an SO-239 to a piece of lexan,
drilled a couple of small'ish holes in it, and fed the wire through
there, and used it for strain relief, and antenna support.

I just ran the 450-ohm ladder line to the same point.  It -was- not
being fed at the apex, but after about 6 months, changed that, and
reports are good.

the apex/feed point is 60' up.  the ends slope down to around 20' off
the ground.  That's about how far the bottom wire is above ground.. 20'.

--
73