[AMRadio] High-power tuners

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 10:17:59 EST 2006

Rick Brashear wrote:
> I was asking because I have one and plan on using it with the RCA when
> it's up and running.

I'd use it for your one antenna, and have a coax-switch inside the
shack, to fire off a different tx/rx combo into your all-purpose antenna.

the Johnson Matchbox will handle open wire line.
Loop formula = 1005 / F(Mc)
L = 1005 / 3.9 (arbitrarily)
L =  ~258'
A 258' delta loop is 86' per side.
A 4-sided horizontal loop is 64.5' per side.

On your lot, I don't see how you could get up an antenna for 160m. (Even
the two of 'em, side-by-side)

On my lot, the antenna is up, and has been used on all bands, 80 ~ 10m,
with the 'tuner' (I hate that term - it's so 'wrong').

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR