[AMRadio] High-power tuners

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Fri Dec 8 10:49:54 EST 2006

The only way I could get a 160 antenna up is to plant a telephone pole
in each corner of the property and I don't see that happening.  I'm sure
I'll have to use an 80 meter wire and tune the transmitter to it with
the Matchbox or something similar.  I have a HyTower vertical that is
supposed to cover 160 with some optional equipment, but I won't be able
to even think about putting it up until Spring.  I think my best bet for
the time being is to try to get the apex of an inverted vee up 50' or so
on the tower and the ends somewhere around 20' off the ground.  I can't
close the bottom with it in that area of the property, but it should
work much better than the Butternut vertical.
Rick