[AMRadio] High-power tuners

Larry Taft ltaft at charter.net
Fri Dec 8 11:00:22 EST 2006

The Johnson Matchbox has its own area of usefulness.  There was a set of
calculations and measurements made on several "feedline impedance
transformation devices"  a while ago.  The article pointed out that is
was possible to dissipate much of the energy in the transformation
device which would result in interesting pyrotechnic displays.  The
Matchbox had a foot in each camp, certain impedances were handled with
great efficiency while others made for another winter shack heater  Now
to find the article.

Larry  K2LT