[AMRadio] High-power tuners

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 11:28:58 EST 2006

A.R.S. - W5AMI wrote:
> I can make a few pics, it's just going to be a little difficult since
> it's up on top of the TX and I'll need to take one pointing down so
> you can see the guts.  It's too heavy for me to take down.
>
> So far, with the flattop I have - 135 feet w/about 50 feet of
> feedline, I can tune 160,80, and 40.  I have not tried 20 and above,
> however I don't think my minimum capacitance will allow me to.

John/BXO, built up a home-brew balanced tuner, but it had problems, as
well, tuning the higher bands.

If your capacitor is a split stator (I believe you said it was) you can
further reduce the capacitance, by placing both sections in series.

I wonder if it were possible to build a 2, or 3 turn link, that had
cross-supports, that sat on a threaded screw, or something, and was
allowed to slide in/out of a coil would work?

hmmmmm

--
73