[AMRadio] RG8X and the Bazookie

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Fri Dec 8 16:58:34 EST 2006

Hummmm! some one rather than me saw the same performance of
the bazooka.  Years ago I removed a dipole and used RG 58 to
make one.  It lasted about 2 rainstorms before it wasn't
tunable.

Rick, read the theory on this type of antenna before you use
a bunch of coax that will then only be good for jumpers.
Insulated wire will be lower noise than bare and bandwidth
is only about 3% of frequency on any good antenna.  The
Dallas area is prone to ice so the weight will be monstrous
not counting the wind load.

The joy of being a ham with many frequencies to tune.  You
will never have an antenna that is right on frequency all
the time.

Jim
W5JO