[AMRadio] RG8X

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Fri Dec 8 21:11:50 EST 2006

I was manager of a mobile radio service center in Dallas in
1983 when they turned on the cell service there.  It was the
first commercial system after Chicago and Washington.  Each
trunk mount radio had RG 58 attached to the antenna mount.

About 3 years later they used the RG 8 types with the mini
UHF connector.  Does that fit your time frame Mark?  It was
around but not in common usage.

Jim
W5JO