[AMRadio] Screen Modulated 813

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Mon Dec 11 08:17:52 EST 2006

From: "Jack Schmidling" <jack at schmidling.com>
> That's about how my SB200 runs.  If I run much over 100w, it gets to red
> for my comfort. I never stop talking so I guess I am at it's peak.

Actually, it should cool down a  little when you talk.  Maximum plate
dissipation is under unmodulated carrier conditions.  The DC input to the
final should remain unchanged regardless of modulation.  So the additional
output power in the sidebands, at constant DC input,  means that the
efficiency becomes higher as the  carrier is modulated, and the plates
should cool down a bit.

Don k4kyv

http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/