[AMRadio] Screen Modulated 813

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Mon Dec 11 10:24:53 EST 2006

Tubes running red on the plate is not a BIG concern.  It was
done all the time in commercial service.  It is when they
get almost white that you need to worry.  A bit of cherry
red is ok.  Just remember what KYV said, don't exceed the
plate dissipation of the tubes.

The only other concern is the heat generated.  If you run
them hot, then be sure they are force air cooled properly
and the components used in the construction is rated for
CCS.

Jim
W5JO