[AMRadio] Screen Modulated 813

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Mon Dec 11 12:00:32 EST 2006

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006, david knepper wrote:

> John, you better check your copy of  Eimac's classic on the Care and Feeding
> of Power Amplifier Tubes.

   Which edition?   I think I have 'em all...   ;}

  I strenuously re-iterate the point that making a sweeping omnibus
generalization about 'red plates re-adsorbing gasses' is just that: a
generalization, and can be (disastrously) not true in a lot of cases....

> Of course, running a 6146 red hot is not acceptable.  I was referring to
> large transmitting tubes like the 4-400A's, etc.

   Y'all didn't say that - you said "...the tube..."

   Nit-pickingly yours:

John
KB6SCO
DM09fg