[AMRadio] Screen Modulated 813

david knepper collinsradio at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 11 12:29:35 EST 2006

Zirconium getters best at about 1000 degrees C, this why large metal anode
transmitting tubes like the 4-400A, 4-1000A, and 3-500 must be operated with
a dull red to red anode color.  Zirconium also releases some gasses and
absorbs other gasses at various temperatures.  The varying temperature
across the length of the anode (and as the anode heats and cools) allows the
gettering agent to absorb a wide variety of gasses.

You can do what you will but I like to run a little color on my large
bottles.

Dave, W3ST
Publisher of the Collins Journal
www.collinsra.com - the CRA Website
Now with PayPal
CRA Nets: 3.805 Mhz every Monday at 8 PM EST
and 14.253 Mhz every Saturday at 12 Noon EST
Collins Chatroom - Daily at 4 PM EST on 14.285  Mhz