[AMRadio] Screen Modulated 813

david knepper collinsradio at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 11 14:05:47 EST 2006

Exactly, John.  If a transmitting tube is operating within manufacturer's
specifications and does not show color then don't increase the plate current
or voltage to do so.

Many transmitting tubes are meant to show some blushing, particularly,
modulators - this is normal and acceptable.

You wouldn't, of course want to this occur with a 6146, etc.

My point was that many hams mistakenly think that with some tubes like those
that I mention there should be no blushing - quite the contrary.  Blushing
is good for tubes and, of course, for women, under certain circumstances!

Merry Christmas

Dave, W3ST
Publisher of the Collins Journal
www.collinsra.com - the CRA Website
Now with PayPal
CRA Nets: 3.805 Mhz every Monday at 8 PM EST
and 14.253 Mhz every Saturday at 12 Noon EST
Collins Chatroom - Daily at 4 PM EST on 14.285  Mhz