[AMRadio] Antenna's..

Rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Mon Dec 11 18:26:42 EST 2006

Group,

I've got one of the Multi-Band Alpha Delta's up, and have had for about
8+ years.

For my Apache it is fine, it receives DARN good on my R-390A and
SP-600.  I've even gotten 6mtr on it with the SP-600.  NO "tuner".

I've run my TS-930 SAT, my DX-60 with an Amp Supply LK-500Z, AND my
BC-610 and T-213.

The ONLY problem that has cropped up is the BC-610 & T-213.  Neither of
them wants ANYTHING to do with the inductor in the 80/40 element.  It is
NOT a trap!  I suppose if it was a trap, those old "Beasts" MIGHT work
with it too!

QSOs from here in Virginia to NY, PA, NJ, SC, NC, FL, & MI.

Bob - N0DGN

Craig Carter wrote:
> Hi Brett,
>
>   I sent this as reply all I guess, my apologies to the net, but since it's started, let's finish it up here in case anyone can add some input to our musings.
>
>   Please let me, if not us know your experiances with the A - D Multi Bander. I just had another thought. I tried that antenna on the recomendations of a buddy in Southern Oregon. He said it worked like a charm. A local fellow had the same experiance I had with it. I think it may have something to do with the type of ground it is OVER, along with hight, dipole or V, etc... No expert here, but when I talk to folks that are in much more damp environs than us here in dry central California, they confirm much better S/N ratios and ease of tuning out of resonance wire antennas. Then again I may be all wet (no pun intended).
>
>   73 Craig K6QI
>
> <snip>
>

> That is why I might try the alpha delta, its not going to
> work great on 160, only fair on 80, but it should
> be able to be made resonant enough to allow a tuner or no tuner
> operation. At least, that is what THEY say...
>
> Brett
> N2DTS

Bob - N0DGN

--
                            Bob - NØDGN
|          \\"""//    CraftyBob - WitchDoctor     \\"""//          |
|           (@ @)       Bob Bethman - NØDGN        (@ @)           |
+-------oOOo-(_)-oOOo--------------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo-------+
| NØDGN AMRadio Manassas, VA    |    REAL Tube Radio and AM        |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
|       Manassas Radio - Home of Homemade Kielbasa & Pirogi        |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
| rbethman(at)comcast.net   \\ ~ ~ //      signal does *NOT* mean  |
|                           (/ @ @ /)      that everything is OK " |
+-------------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo----------------------------+
|               <http://home.comcast.net/~rbethman>                |
| 1 BC-61ØI w/BC-614I,1 T-213/GRC-26 w/BC614I,1 '51 Collins R-39ØA |
|  SP-6ØØ/NR Type 159, Heath DX-6Ø, Apache, Mohawk, SX-1Ø1, HT-32A |
+-------.oooO---Oooo.---------------------------.oooO---Oooo.------+
|       (    ) (    )Opinions expressed are that(    ) (    )      |
|        \  (   )  /    of my own and do not     \  (   )  /       |
|         \_ ) ( _/represent those of ANYONE else \_ ) ( _/        |
|     Amateur Astronomer - Celestron Nexstar 8 & Meade ETX-6Ø      |
|           38 Deg 46'48.62"' N - 77 Deg 28'26.89" W               |
|            ALL E-mail received and sent scanned by AVG           |