[AMRadio] Component ID please

Jack Schmidling jack at schmidling.com
Tue Dec 12 00:06:32 EST 2006

John Coleman ARS WA5BXO wrote:
> 	Well then that proves that the movement is indeed a 1ma movement.
> Now you need to remove the 500K ohm if you are going to be using it with an
> external 5Meg else you will be 10 percent off in measurments.  You could
> also leave the 500K inside, and replace the external 5 meg with a 4.5 meg.

Well that is strange as I was only guessing at the 5 meg.  According to
my notes it is 5.6 and is already in there and presumed to work with the
500k in the meter.  Something's not right here.  I may have read the 5.6
incorrectly and will check it again tomorrow.

However, the absolute value does not seem all that important to me.
It's just an indicator that things are normal.  I can measure the
voltage directly and note where that is on the meter and extrapolate
from there if/when things change.  I'm pretty easy to please.  I guess
you can translate that to lazy.

Thanks,

js