[AMRadio] Questions on TBS-50

SBJohnston at aol.com SBJohnston at aol.com
Wed Dec 13 01:10:13 EST 2006

Thanks Mike, Glen, Jim, Charlie, Mike, Jim, Ray, John, Bill -

The majority opinion is that the hole in the top is for a two-meter whip that
plugged into a RCA jack near the tank circuits.  One fellow agreed however
that he's seen a TBS-50 with a ceramic feedthrough on top, though.

Mine doesn't have a jack inside corresponding to the hole... that, plus my
recollection of a beehive insulator on top of at least some small rig of similar
shape, led me to my theory about the feedthru insulator for HF at that
location.  Perhaps there were some like that - perhaps modified by hams in that
fashion.

Steve  WD8DAS