[AMRadio] GE

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Wed Dec 13 09:34:02 EST 2006

Stevan and Geoff...

Thanks guys.  I sent Steve (WB3HUZ) an email yesterday and hope to get a
reply today.  I saw that picture of the top of the transmitter, she's a
beauty, but I would sure like to see a few more photos.  I have
discovered that it utilizes a pair of 828's modulating a pair of 810's.
I'm not familiar with either of these tubes, but according to one of my
tube manuals the 810 is a triode.  I am assuming since it uses a couple
of 828's in the modulator it has high level plate modulation.  That may
be just a wishful thought, but...

I read somewhere the Paul Courson used a BT-20A at one time, so maybe
he'll pop in with some info later.

Thanks again to all...
Rick/K5IZ