[AMRadio] Step Start

Jack Schmidling jack at schmidling.com
Wed Dec 13 16:16:20 EST 2006

Jay Rusgrove wrote:
> js
>
> Might be a good time for you to take a break and hit the books for a while.
> It's one thing to ask for help on a particularly sticky or unusual problem
> but it's another matter to pose questions that are easily answered with a
> few minutes of study on your own.

I have read the section in a Handbook often enough to realize that I am
not understanding something.  I poured through a Kepco book and got even
more confused.  I searched the net for hours trying to answer this very
fundamental question and could find no direct answer.  I bought 5 issues
of Ele Radio on homebrewing rigs hoping to find the answer and did not.

When I ordered the xformer the vendor assured me that it had a "working
voltage of 1500 vdc".

Somehow, this plus all the discussion here did not prevent me from
making a dumb mistake but it was not for lack of trying to do the right
thing.

Thanks for your help,

Jack K9ACT