[AMRadio] Questions on TBS-50

k0ng at inebraska.com k0ng at inebraska.com
Wed Dec 13 20:05:39 EST 2006

Steve: My TBS-50 has a small "link" coil mounted near the 807 plate output
that screws to two standoffs. The link is connected to an RCA jack where the
whip plugged in. This is reflected in the schematic as I recall. I measured
about a half watt output at the jack (on 144.400). I ran that output thru
a Motorola cavity before connecting to my 13 L beam. As I do with all 6 or 8
MHz controlled 2 meter rigs. Saves a lot of phone calls.

73, Charlie K0NG