[AMRadio] Where ELSE would you be?

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 02:11:33 EST 2006

If you weren't on the air, then you was in the wrong damn place!

We were on 75 *and* 80m phone, tonight!

For this momentous occasion, Otis/K5SWK was on from John/WA5BXO and
BJ's/WB5KD hamshack.

There was W5AMI, KA5RHK, N5ECP, WD5JKO, Otis 'n them, and me, mobile on
my way home, on 3.880 till around 11pm.

I got home around 10:30pm - got on the big rig here at 10:40pm, and
fired up on 3.880Mc.  At 11pm, we moved on down to 3.650 and worked
W5TOP, WA5FRF, AD5HR, WA5BXO/K5SWK/WB5PKD, W7FG, W5I(WD5BZO), K5SOH and
WB5UGT on 75m phone.

I tuned around afterwards and worked K4KYV, K2VXV, W9GOB and W9AD on
3.705.  There was another AM QSO on 3.625, but didn't stick around to
work them.

I went to bed at 9:30 last night, and got up at 3am to go pee.  Back up
at 5:45am, had breakfast, went to class, got outta there at 3:15, drove
from Houston to Round Rock, picked up an AR-88 receiver, and then drove
home to San Antonio.  Long day, but happy band! :-)

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR