[AMRadio] the 3600 - 3635 spectrum

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 21:12:35 EST 2006

On 12/15/06, John Coleman ARS WA5BXO <wa5bxo2006 at pctechref.com> wrote:
> "Alternate spectrum from 3585 - 3600."
>
> Does this mean that we keep the 3600 and up for voice?
>
> Is the FCC saying these digital guys need to just move down?
>
> I have a lot of mixed emotions about the code exam being gone.

Me too...  Also the wording here:

"The current amateur service operator license structure contains three
classes of amateur radio operator licenses: Technician Class, General
Class, and Amateur Extra Class."

What happened to Advanced Class?  I know there is no "licensing"
available for it now.  Maybe they should say "The current amateur
service operator _licensing_ structure contains..."

Their wording sounds as if the Advanced Class License no longer exists
or is valid.

The code elimination is a very sad ruling indeed.