[AMRadio] the 3600 - 3635 spectrum

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Fri Dec 15 22:40:02 EST 2006

Do any of the general class frequencies change?

I had no problem getting to 13 wpm code when I
got my license, I went right to general, after learning
the code by listening to QSO's.
I was about 21, so it might be much harder to re learn it
at 50!
I sure had fun on CW, rag chewing mostly in the novice
bands, 40 and 15 meters qrp was fun, I had an hw7
and a 15 meter beam, and used to do hour long rag chews
at about 10 wpm. I could go 20 wpm comfortably, all with
a straight key.

I forgot most of the code by now, and would need
quiet uninterrupted time to work back up, something
in high demand after marriage...

While I think learning the code kept some of the riff raff
out, and 80 and 40 meters seem crowded, I think ham radio
is dieing a slow death.
No magic in radio after cell phones...

Brett
N2DTS