[AMRadio] the 3600 - 3635 spectrum

Screwdriver he20c at swbell.net
Sat Dec 16 01:29:21 EST 2006

Here is some of the local 5 area activity. The way i read the FCC ruling
looks they stood firm and didn't let the last minute comments by the special
intrest group sway the results.  3600  & up for phone.

SD

With the new FCC ruling that lowered the 80M phone band down to 3600KHz, it
was necessary to change our section's ARES PMBO 80M frequencies.    As of
last evening, both the W0MAC and N5TW have shifted to their new frequencies.
With all the various services shifting around, it is quite possible that
these may shift again so watch for announcements and always pay attention to
the PMBO login banner for breaking news.

Here are the frequencies:
N5TW    3589.0 7063.9 7091.5 10148.0#
W0MAC 3592.0 7066.9 7101.2#

All frequencies are PACTOR I or II except for those with a # next to them -
# indicates a PACTOR III frequency.

Also, please note:  W0MAC is now operating at it's new Cypress Creek
Emergency Call Center location.   Ken KD2KW is working to cure an
interference problem with the 40M frequency so please use it sparingly until
you see a notice from him.