[AMRadio] the 3600 - 3635 spectrum

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 12:54:25 EST 2006

On 12/16/06, Peter Markavage <manualman at juno.com> wrote:
> It probably would be a good idea to review some of the 3888 comments on
> WT 05-235 that address the code issue, among other issues that were on
> the table, when it was introduced. Personally, I believe you're beating a
> dead horse. It's been in the wind since the last WARC world-wide
> gathering. There's probably no rational reasoning that you could come up
> with that probably hasn't been vented to the FCC already.

I suspect you're right Pete...

One thing that does bother me about some of this is how they have
ignored the ham that _did_ get 13wpm who are not yet Extra, in
particular the Advanced Class.  Seems that 13 wpm should be worth
something, but as it stands, an old Advanced class operator is given
no more credit towards advancing to Extra than someone with no code at
all.  That to me is simply not fair no matter how you look at it.

That's life though, huh?