[AMRadio] Expanded AM Options!

Mike Duke, K5XU k5xu at jam.rr.com
Sat Dec 16 14:25:23 EST 2006

I wish to thank all those AM operators who went out of their way to get on
the air, many with special calls, in order to ensure a strong AM presence in
the new voice bands.

While I was unable to contact anyone during the first hour due to band
conditions, I had 3 very nice contacts just after sundown on Friday.

Of those 3 contacts, only the final one with Larry, NE1S, crashed due to the
combination of band conditions and my low power.

You may also be certain that our presence in the new territory was noticed
by others. While most of the comments were positive, I did hear one band cop
say:

"That National AM Congress of Social Misfits has once again taken it upon
themselves to appropriate territory to promote their own arrested
development."

Just think! This guy allegedly knows the code too!

Well, if this is indeed the "National AM Congress," please keep up the good
leadership work.

Mike Duke, K5XU