[AMRadio] eBay CB amp

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Tue Dec 19 10:49:22 EST 2006

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Barry Sherwood wrote:

> That description was hilarious. The sad part is he has
> gotten 14 bids on that hunk of rfi/tvi generator. ;^)

   I like the line:

"I've gotten complaints from as far as NY..."

   He's apparently a very lucky guy - got across the plates of the
tubes....

   Then there are the 'dummy' bandswitch knobs... "so it'll sell"...

Oh, yeah - it's a kilowatt linear amplifier, and it, *and* it's power
supply, weigh 60 pounds  - total??

   Must be one o' them "ICAS" rated devices....  with the emphasis on
'intermittent'.

Cheers and Best of the Season

John
KB6SCO