[AMRadio] Odd signals in lower 80 meters

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 12:05:17 EST 2006

Has anyone beside Don/KYV and myself heard these odd sounding voice
signals between 3700 and about 3750 that seem to be sideband, but can
not be tuned in either lower or upper sideband?  They seem to be all
over the place, however no one else has said a thing about them except
Don on amfone.net.

They sound like inverted audio, however it would seem that going to
the opposite sideband would allow you to tune them, but it doesn't.
Maybe I'm not thinking clearly on "Inverted audio".  If not, would
someone straighten me out?

I started a thread on another list, and it's as if no one has heard
them, and I am now getting the feeling I'm losing my marbles!

73
Brian / w5ami