[AMRadio] WTB: HV Transformer

Donald Sanders w4bws at comcast.net
Tue Dec 19 12:32:37 EST 2006

Jack, I don't know your space limitations but consider
using two 1500 volt transformers or 3 or 4 smaller
transformers. You could build 3 or 4 smaller power
supplies of 750 to 1000 volts and hook the secondary
in series. This has been done commercially to get 3000 to
5000 volts. Just be sure to isolate the power supplies well
above ground for breakdown voltage reasons. the
transformers in the upper voltage units will also need good
winding isolation for breakdown voltages at the 3000 to
4000 volts.

Healthfully yours,
                          Don W4BWS