[AMRadio] Old X-Ray Gear High Voltage Available

DOXEMF at aol.com DOXEMF at aol.com
Wed Dec 20 14:05:08 EST 2006

  Hello All,
An employer is clearing an estate that was a former doctors office and has two 1940 or earlier Picker X-Ray machines.
  See pix at http://photos.doxaudiolab.net/thumbnails.php?album=12
  There are three large oil filled KV transformers and one smaller one possibly 10 kv @ 200 ma. The 3 large ones are series connected secondaries with , I believe, 110 volt primaries and measure approx 2ft X 2ft round cast tubs. I had originally thought that these were capacitors but at least one tag indicates transformer.
  If anyone is interested in this or knows someone who might be able to remove the entire setup please contact me.
  This gear will be demolished soon along with the building once the property sale has final closing early in next year.
  It is all Museum quality and parts of it still power up.
Last used and certified about 15-20 years ago.
 Located in south central PA.
Viewing by appointment. Some actual pix available on request.
All is still mounted and wired in.

 Bill,
KB3DKS/1